Monday, October 19, 2009

Baby Kiley at 2 months




So today Kiley is 9 weeks old. We just got back from her 2 month check-up and she's doing well. The doctor checked her over and did all the usual measurements; Kiley is now 10.8 lbs and 23 in. long. She is in the 50% for weight and 75% for height. My poor baby had to have her first set of vaccines and it has been harder on me than I thought it would be....it was so hard to see her hurting from all those needles. So today is going to be kind of intense for me as I watch her to make sure she's okay.
Kiley has been an angel for us so far and its almost like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering when its going to get harder. Once the doctor told me when she was 2 weeks old that I could stop waking her up every 3 hours at night to nurse...and only to nurse her if she woke up on her own....she's slept through the night every since. I get up usually around 4 am to nurse her in bed. Its nice because I love the quiet time with her and then we usually fall asleep until 9am. I'm proud to say she is exclusively breast feeding and we've made it over the hump. We're still learning about nursing in public but I'm sure the more experience I have the easier it will get. I couldn't imagine having to mix formula and haul bottles everywhere we go.... this is so much easier.
Kiley has been blessed to have so many friends and family in her life. She has gotten so many gifts and special hand-me-downs which has been wonderful because she has grown out of everything so fast. Her first big outing was this past weekend when we went to Ft. Knox for a friends wedding and she was so good. Because Todd and I are the first couple to have a baby out of the group of friends we have she has been getting so much attention. All the wives love to hold her and show their husbands because they want one too :)! We're trend starters.
As if this life change wasn't big enough we have even more news. As many of you know we had two dogs, Gin and Tonic. Well when we came home with Kiley it was clear that Tonic would not be able to interact with the baby since she is a nibbler/jumper/pee-pee-er. So we had to make the hard decision to put her up for adoption and thankfully she was adopted within the week. I was looking forward to just thinking about the baby but Todd was very persistent about getting a puppy....A PUPPY! So because I can't say no we now have a 4 month old copper and white husky named Tundra. So far the puppy damage is what's to be expected but all in all having her here is going well. As far as I'm concerned I can do it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment