Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Pregnant!

I just got back from my OB appointment as I'm 38 weeks today.  I have been 1cm dilated and 80% effaced for the last two weeks with no progress since then.  I was really hoping for more dilation this time since I've had lots of braxton hicks contractions and shooting pains.  The doctor has a "feeling" that I'll be in labor by next week though so I can only hope his hunches are usually right.

I also say my regular MD yesterday to talk about my back pain and it was such a relief to hear him agree with me in that its not your normal pregnancy back pain that most women experience.  If after Kiley is born and I'm not experiencing any relief I'll get an xray and MRI to see if I could have done something during my workout routines to cause damage.  

The weather here in Clarksville in hot and when its not hot its raining.  That means I spend a lot of time indoors except for my evening walks which are becoming more and more exhausting.  Every little thing takes all my effort, its just amazing how much of your energy is used during pregnancy.  My friends Kirby and Amy threw me a small baby shower/lunch with friends at Olive Garden which was a lot of fun.  Our friend Gentry came up from Ft.Benning to help celebrate which was nice.  They are all so excited to meet this baby and I'm so ready to have her :).  I hope that my next post is my birth story and not another pregnancy update...


No comments:

Post a Comment