Friday, August 21, 2009

Kiley's Arrival!






      Kiley Honoria Nell Weaver was born August 17th 2009 at 2:33PM, 6lbs and 6oz, and 19.1 inches long!!!  I had been having irregular contractions throughout the day that started to get stronger towards the evening.  I wasn't trying to get my hopes up and thought they would pass.  Todd seemed to think differently than I did as he started to tidy the house.  He was convinced we'd be going to the hospital that night.  I went for a walk and by the time I got back we definitely would be making that trip to the hospital.  It was about 9:30PM once I got to Labor and Delivery and they monitored me for a few hours before admitting me.  My contractions were pretty steady at 4-5 minutes apart.  I was hoping very much to try for natural delivery but the pain was so intense that I first got an IV medication for pain.  I thought that would be enough but by the morning I got the epidural.  The doctor broke my water shortly after that and I was dilated to a 4.  A little over an hour after that I was dilated between 8 and 9cm.  I'm a little fuzzy on the sequence of events after that but I remember a lot of people in the room because Kiley's heart rate was dropping during contractions so there were people from the nursery ready to help.  The doctor had to use the vacuum to get her out quickly but when she arrived she was very healthy.  
         We spent two more nights in the hospital while I recovered and got to know Kiley.  She was very fussy at night but we managed to get a few hours of sleep each night.  My parents got there a few hours after the birth and stayed with us a few days.  It was so nice to have them there and the friends that stopped by.  
       Kiley has brown hair and blue eyes which I hope stay blue.  They are definitely Todd's eyes and she makes alot of facial expressions that he makes too.  Otherwise she looks a lot like me when I was born.  Not to toot our own horns but we made a beautiful baby! Todd has been such an amazing help to me while I recover and learn to nurse.  He's been there to help get her up at night for feedings and then help burp her and change diapers.  I think he's better at putting on the diapers than I am :).  Kiley loves sleeping on our chests and swinging in her cradle swing.  I am so lucky to have this family and I almost can't remember what it was like not to have her here :)

1 comment:

  1. How the heck did I just see this now! Congrats you guys, she is adorable! So Glad things went well! Can't wait to meet Kiley!

    ReplyDelete