Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7 Weeks left


                                                                       33 weeks
Wow! Well now that I'm at 33 weeks I think we're just about ready to meet this baby!  After a long 12 hour drive back to Virginia ( which poor Todd had to drive while I lied down in the back seat) we got to celebrate with family and friends for our baby shower on the Chesapeake Bay.  It was so nice to be back by the water and the comforts of home and family.  It was a beautiful shower and while all the ladies did the girly shower stuff the guys and kids went out on the boat and went tubing.  We are so lucky to have such generous friends and family for their gifts and love that we have finished the nursery and are ready to bring Kiley home.  We also brought back with us the crib that my mom made that both my sister and I used as babies which was special.  We've even installed the car seat in my Rav4 already.  Too bad we still have 7 more weeks...although if she decides to come early I won't be upset.


My sister poking at the bump
                                            beach time after the babyshower
                                              Kiley's Garden Oasis Room 
At 33 weeks Kiley is still jabbing at my ribs and making the day to day activities much more difficult.  Bending over is almost an impossibility.  I think maybe because I have a short torso that I may not "drop" and that I'll be feeling her little feet in my ribs until the end.  Oh joy.  I have found some relief of the back pain with a heating pad but of course that only lasts while you're actually using it.  If I could strap it on and hook it up to a portable generator then I'd be in business. 

I just had my 33 week checkup and all the usual measurements are good.  My BP is 100 over 60 ( I don't know much about bp but the nurse said it was excellent) and her heartbeat is 143.  I asked about how big the doctor thought she might be at this time and whether or not I could expect anymore ultrasounds before delivery.  He said they don't normally do anymore scans but because I haven't gained much more weight recently I get to go ahead and have another scan to check her growth although he said the tummy measurements were fine.  I think I'm lucky in that I've gotten to see her at almost every stage of development; 7, 9, 12, 17, 25, and 33 weeks so far.  

So we just got back from that last scan which was great.  Todd got to go and he hasn't seen an ultrasound since 17 weeks so the changes were really big for him.  Kiley is still confirmed to be a girl ( good thing too because her room is done and the receipts are gone).  She's in the head down position and we got to see her trying to grab her feet at one point. She was rubbing her eyes and waving too.  The technician measured her at 5lbs even but it has an 8 oz give either way so she thought Kiley is more likely to be 4lbs 8oz or 5 lbs.  Which would mean she is right on track because the average baby is about 4 lbs 10 oz this week.  So everything is going well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment