Monday, March 23, 2009

Goodbye Georgia

                    19 weeks
Well our time at Ft. Benning, Ga has ended as Todd has finished his training.  I'm going to miss the great friends I've made and look forward to seeing some of them soon that are also moving to Ft. Campbell.  I've been very lucky to meet the great ladies that I have and hope all of our paths cross again one day.  In our last few days there we took a trip up to the Ft. Campbell area to go house hunting which was very successful.  We decided it would be better to live off post because what post had available just wasn't going to work for us.  We took the three days to really explore the best neighborhoods and found a great house that's brand new and just perfect for us.  The dogs will have a yard to play in and it will be nice not to have to share walls anymore.  I'm really looking forward to decorating too.  

Today I am 19 weeks pregnant.  I've been hesitant to share the baby name we chose just in case we changed our minds but I think we've found a name that we both love.  Our baby girls name will be Kiley Honoria Nell Weaver.  Kiley comes from the Irish origin meaning "attractive". Honoria comes from the Latin origin that means "honor".  Nell is an English name meaning "light".  The two middle names is a new tradition in my family as my mother gave both my sister and I two middle names.  Kiley will have the name Honoria after my sister Enid and the name Nell is a family name from the women on Todd's side of the family.  

Baby Kiley is right on track as far as growth and development.  She is an active baby as I can feel her kicking everyday now.  My doctor diagnosed me with placenta previa after reviewing my ultrasound reports.  Its a condition where the placenta is situated unusually low in the uterus.  This condition fixes itself in 9 out of 10 cases as the pregnancy progresses so my doctor is pretty confident that my situation will work itself out on its own.  This also probably explains why my back has hurt so much since it has been pretty unusual for the common back pain to begin so early in my pregnancy.  So now the fun...really not so fun...stuff is going to be getting into the new hospitals system at Ft. Campbell and trying to make sure all my records are transferred correctly and getting all the right upcoming appointments that will be due soon.  

 Right now we're back in Virginia while Todd does hometown recruiting which gives us a good opportunity to relax a little and get the house taken care of. Its always so relaxing to visit Todd's parents house as its right on the Chesapeake Bay its like being on vacation.  The sunrises are so beautiful and the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks is a constant lullaby.  The only disappointing thing about going to Tennessee is going to be the fact that we won't be close to the water again for a long time.  It is from what I've seen going to be a beautiful rural area and I'm really excited to start this new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment